A month ago, we hadn't done one thing to get ready for Cate. When I told Abby this she said, "It's your third kid. What's left to do?" Fair question. So let me break it down. Since the week after Christmas:
- I took all the toys out of the playroom and found homes for them in the boys' rooms.
- The whole family participated in the search and purchase of a car safe enough and large enough to haul three kids.
- Shawn painted the former playroom a color called "pink whisper".
- I cleaned out the walk-in attic. This resulted in quite a large donation of clothes and toys to our church's thrift store.
- My childhood friends and my neighbors held showers where I stocked up on girl clothes.
- I spent several hours raiding the baby store. These days, I have a much better sense of what babies need and what they don't.
- I got a decent head start on taxes (I am the family CFO) and wrote thank you notes.
- Shawn, my mom and friend Lisa helped me decorate the nursery.
Welcome to Cate's Butterfly Garden:
The walls created a design challenge, so we worked around it. I had envisioned hanging the mosquito net over the center of the crib but had to adjust that vision.
I also decided to pull the changing table out from the wall a bit, so she won't pull down the letters when she gets all grabby. FYI, a hot glue gun works wonders when you're trying to hang letters with ribbon. I opted not to use the hardware that came with it.
Cate's Butterfly Garden is a wonderful addition to Dillon's Beach Shack:
The Legos on top of the dresser add a nice touch, don't cha think?
The monkey hammock is my favorite. The fishing net is a close second.
Across the hall, you'll find Blake's Boat House:
And the best part about all this????
Our bedroom is downstairs!
If you'd like to have my blog delivered to your reader or inbox, click here.